Modern horror master James Wan (The Conjuring) is set to step behind the camera for the pilot of a series adaptation of I Know What You Did Last Summer, according to Deadline. Though the trade says Wan will step behind the camera, Bloody Disgusting reports Wan is just attached as a producer.

A theatrical reboot of the series, loosely based on the novel of the same name, was previously announced in 2016 with then-up-and-coming writer/director Mike Flanagan (The Haunting of Hill House) set to co-write and direct the project. After languishing for three years that attempt is now dead in the water, with Flanagan even taking to Twitter to confirm he is no longer working on it.

The 1997 film version, directed by Jim Gillespie with a script by Kevin Williamson, stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ryan Phillippe and Freddie Prinze, Jr. as a group of high school students who accidentally hit and kill a man with their car one night. Although they believe they have successfully covered up their crime, the group finds themselves at the receiving end of a slasher killer’s serial rampage one year later.

I Know What You Did Last Summer was followed by a theatrical sequel, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer in 1998 and a direct-to-video third film, I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer, in 2006.

Neal Moritz will produce I Know What You Did Last Summer, with the pilot being scripted by Shay Hatten.