Justice League's Darkseid actor, Ray Porter, continues to tease his villainous character's otherworldly voice. It feels a little strange to hear news about a movie that was technically released three years ago, but that's exactly what's happening for Justice League. As most people likely know by now, history was made last week when director Zack Snyder announced he will finally get to release his famed Snyder Cut of Justice League, AKA the version of the film he set out to make before he had to leave the production. When Joss Whedon stepped in to complete filming on behalf of Snyder, he ended up rewriting much of the film and completely changing Snyder's original plans. That was what ultimately led fans to campaign for the release of the Snyder Cut, a movement that finally paid off last week.

Among the parts Whedon cut from Justice League was the presence of iconic DC villain Darkseid. In Snyder's original plans, Darkseid was supposed to appear throughout the film has the big bad pulling the strings for main antagonist Steppenwolf. He was also supposed to set up Justice League 2 in a major way, as Snyder had lots of plans for the DCEU beyond the first installment. However, Darkseid had no role in the theatrical cut of Justice League, so fans are quite eager to see him in the Snyder Cut. Equally excited is Porter, who confirmed his role in Justice League just a few days ago.

Porter's enthusiasm has led to him teasing what fans can expect when the Snyder Cut finally arrives on HBO Max in 2021. During an interview with LightCast, Porter specifically touched upon Darkseid's voice, which fans have waited a long time to hear. Porter mentioned people have begun to request that he does the voice on social media, to which he responded, "Let's wait until 2021." He then went on to say this:

You'll hear it when I hear it. I went through a few different sort of vocal gymnastic things in kind of trying to figure out the voice. I needed it to be understandable, but it needed to be a voice that was not of this Earth. And that’s what I tried to go for. I can’t wait to hear it either, because also, while I did this voice and everybody was really, really nice about it. I know that in post they probably did stuff to it, and I can’t wait to hear that. Plus, the voice that I did, it wouldn’t be something that I could really project. It’s hard, hard on the vocal cords.