Introduction

For my third tutorial, I will be showing you how to change your whole GTA San Andreas look to a GTA IV look. I have done this, and checked the whole of the map and I am promisingly fascinated. All credits for this mod go to .DEATHWISH. from the website GTAGarage.com. This mod consists of; Roads for the whole of San Andreas, GTA IV Train Tracks and the desert has been turned into grass, as there is no desert in GTA IV. The fact that the desert has been changed to grass may put you off, but trust me, you're going to spend more time on the road than looking at the desert. He's a few screenshots showing you what the new roads and desert looks like. It's truly astonishing. Screenshots: Number 1 | Number 2 | Number 3 | Number 4 | Number 5.

You will need

Access to your Program Files folder, if you don't, please contact a PC administrator.

WINRAR - Click here to download it. Please install WINRAR before downloading other files.

ALCI's Image Editor - Click here to download it. Click here to see what button to click to download it. Please don't extract anything / do anything, follow the tutorial.

New Roads - Click here to download it. Please don't extract anything / do anything, follow the tutorial.

ATTENTION!

Before doing ANYTHING please back up all your GTA San Andreas files! If you don't, and something does go wrong, you are in risk of having to reinstall GTA San Andreas.

Please close GTA San Andreas and the SA:MP client before proceeding.

Instructions

Step 1: Double click on the alci_imageditor.rar file. This will open WINRAR with the ALCI's image editor files inside of it. You should be confronted with this screen:

BS35yLM.jpg

Step 2: Double click on Alci's IMG Editor 1.5.exe which will then bring you to the following screen.

RgISXWp.jpg

Step 3: The next thing you need to do is go to File > Open and browse yourself to your GTA San Andreas directory. This is usually in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas" OR "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas". Go to the folder called models and double click the file called "gta3"

4IzC6SP.jpg

This will then bring you to a screen with a lot of DFF, COL, IPL and TXD files. There are around 16000 of them and ALL of them are crucial, so please don't mess up while following the steps!

Step 4: Open the New Roads.rar file, you should be confronted with the following screen.

lK3G5lI.jpg

Step 5: Select the New Roads folder and to the top left, press "Extract To". Extract the file to a place you'll remember. I will extract it to the desktop.

Step 6: Go back into ALCI's Image Editor, go to Actions > Import (remove if exists). Go to the folder that you extracted in Step 5, open the folder which will bring you to 285 .txd files. Press CTRL + A and press "Import". 285 files will have changed GREEN. This means that they are ready to be imported.

Step 7: Go to File > Save. This will then build the gta3.img file. Then close the ALCI's Image Editor. Load up your game and it should be all perfect!

Thank you for reading the tutorial, if you have any further questions or you have had any problems while doing this, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM. If everything was successful and you liked this tutorial, don't forget to give it a "+".