Hello guys,

this is a tutorial on how to make an /announce command for admins. This is a really easy script to make. I made this tutorial for newbies who don't know how to make this command. Let's start it now!

Scripting.

PHP Code:
CMD:announce(playerid,params[])
{
This specifies the command announce and we are opening braces.

PHP Code:
if(!IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "Error: You are not rcon logged in!")
This means if he is not rcon logged in, it will return the following message. We'll split this a bit. "!" this specifies "if not". Splitting - if(!IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) ; Let's split this bit of code. If that player IS NOT admin;

PHP Code:
new msg[25], ty, time;
so we will use the msg as the string ; 25 specifies how many letters should the string contains.

PHP Code:
if(sscanf(params, "iis[25]", time, ty, msg)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "Usage: /announce [Time] [Msg Type] [TEXT]");
This checks the parameters and if he didn't wrote the parameters correctly, then it will send that "Usage" message.

|----------ADDITIONAL NOTES----------|
i - Integer (Number) - Used as time
i - Integer (Number) - Used as the type
s - String (Letters) - Used for the message
|---------------------------------------|

Now, we will restrict the type 2 that is bugged.

This code checks if he wrote the "ty" as 2,0 or more than 8 and if he did, the server will return the "Error" message.

PHP Code:
if(ty >= 8 || ty <= 0 || ty == 2) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "Only 1,3,4,5,6,7");
Now, let's move on to the final code.
PHP Code:
GameTextForAll(msg, time, ty);
return 1;
}
This sends all the players the message by the msg we wrote, with the time to stop the message and the type. Returning 1 will execute the command.

|-USING COLORS-|

We can also use colors in them. An example is below.

/announce 5000 4 ~r~ <- Red color ~b~ <- Blue color

|-FULL CODE-|

PHP Code:
CMD:announce(playerid,params[])
{
if(!IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "Error: You are not rcon logged in!");
new msg[25], ty, time;
if(sscanf(params, "iis[25]", time, ty, msg)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "Usage: /announce [Time] [Msg Type] [TEXT]");
if(ty >= 8 || ty == 0 || ty == 2) return SendClientMessage(playerid, -1, "Only 1,3,4,5,6,7");
GameTextForAll(msg, time, ty);
return 1;
}
|-END OF TUTORIAL-|

I made another tutorial |-Click here-| This tutorial contains more detailed in formatting, you guys can check it out for more information about formatting message in dialogs. And it is also useful for gametext.

Credits

Karan007 - Created this tutorial/script
SA-MP Team - Created SA-MP
Y_Less - Sscanf
Zeex - ZCMD

Enjoy